Writing the Sunday Prayers
- Prayerfully read the Scriptures for the Sunday Mass. You can find them online here: http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings The Lectio Divina format is one possibility, reviewing the readings for a word or phrase that strikes you, then moving to the message the Holy Spirit may uncover for our parish. A preparation method is linked in the sidebar.
- Use the images, words, and phrases from the Lectionary readings as seems appropriate.
- Strive for a unity of form, and a consistent pattern whenever possible. Be sure to conclude each intercession with "Lord, in your mercy," so as to cue the people to respond, "Hear our prayer."
- Add a final prayer allowing people to pray in silence 10-15 seconds for their own intentions.
- Read the prayers out loud to check their ability to be proclaimed orally.
- On Friday, call Don at the parish office (515-292-3810) to check for any additions of sick or deceased people or any particular intentions that may be added.
- On Friday before noon e-mail to Shari@staparish.net.
- Return any resource materials to Shari on the final weekend of the month.
- Thank you for a ministry well done.